Thursday, June 14, 2012

Project GRAD


One Sunday of this week, I packed my bags and headed to Reese Hall at the University of Tennessee in Knoxville for a week long summer institute with Project GRAD.  This institute is the second of two institutes that qualify juniors and seniors from Fulton and Austin East high schools for a $4,000 scholarship to the college of your choice.  Throughout the week, I've taken classes like college research skills, precalculus, english, and communications.  All of these were meant to prepare me for what college classes might be like.  I finally get to leave tomorrow feeling accomplished and and secure knowing that I have $4,000 of my college tuition paid for a year.  That's something I was really worried about. But now I feel a bit better. (:


This week has been pretty stressful, with the waking up at six am, and not going to sleep until about 1:30 the next morning. It'll be worth it, though. That's me with the blue headband, and my awesome communications teacher, Iveta in the pink.

Tomorrow's my last day, and I may have to give a speech in front of an auditorium full of people. Not looking forward to that. Anyway, this has been a pretty good experience for me. I've gotten to know new people, and now I have this blog. That's a plus. (:

No comments:

Post a Comment