Wednesday, June 13, 2012

This is me.

Hello! My name is Ashlee Dougherty, and I want to welcome you to my blog.  I am a senior at Fulton High school, but not for much longer -- I'll be graduating in December this year.


I love to make art, and do crafty things, like sewing and bringing new life to pieces I find at thrift stores.  I also enjoy playing music, and I am in the marching band at my school.  I play mallet percussion, which includes all sorts of instruments like marimba, xylophone, vibraphone, glockenspiel, and chimes.  I also play auxiliary instruments like cymbals, triangle, and lots of others.  I've even played trash cans and car brakes.  Another hobby that is really important to me is drawing and graphic design.  I love to design and create posters, flyers and things like that in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.  I'm going to base my career off of this.  I also love reading blogs, and my favourite one is Talk2theTrees. Anyone who reads this should definitely check her out.


I really care about things like being environmentally friendly, animal rights, and creativity.  I like to reuse and use environmentally friendly or sustainable supplies in my projects, and I recycle everything that I can, and try to reduce energy use.  When I move into a house of my own, I would like to install solar panels, and drive an electric car, so I would be no longer contributing to the burning of fossil fuels.  On the subject of animal rights, I feel that no animal should be bred, raised, or killed for food, and I am a proud supporter of PETA.  Because of this, I have been a vegetarian for almost six years now, and I don't plan on stopping anytime soon, or ever.  Feeding my creative side is very important to me. Without things like art, the world would be a very dull place to live. And that's not fun at all, is it? 


After I graduate high school, I'm going to attend Watkins College of Art, Design, and Film in Nashville, Tennessee. After that, who knows? Maybe a job in graphic arts and  crafting in my free time. (: 

No comments:

Post a Comment